If you're in mood to try a great, healthy taste, you should bake these wonderful — and easy! — Fudge Nut Brownies with Chia seed.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt one pound of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a cup of butter.
- Add one cup of sugar, 5 teaspoons of chia seed and ¼ teaspoons of salt, and stir until dissolved.
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Stir in 4 beaten eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, ¾ of cup of all-purpose flour and one cup of chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour into a greased, 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the corners comes out with moist crumbs.
- Let sit to cool.
- This recipe makes 2 ½ dozen brownies.